These Savory NuPlus Cauliflower Buffalo Wings with Spicy Dr. Chen Secret Buffalo Sauce are DELICIOUS!!!!
1 Packet NuPlus Simply Herb or NuPlus Original
1 head of cauliflower (approx. 5 cups of florets)
1 cup coconut milk (light)
1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon pink himilayan sea salt
¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
Dr. Chen Spicy Buffalo wing sauce:
- 1 cup Dr. Chen Buffalo Secret Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup carmelized onion
- 1 small jalapeno or Serrano chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Combine the ingredients in a pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line baking sheet with natural un-bleached parchment paper or spray with coconut oil spray. If using oil, be sure to coat the baking sheet well with oil or cauliflower will stick.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite size pieces.
- Mix the NuPlus, coconut milk, flour and spices in a large mixing bowl (set the hot sauce aside for later). Mix until the batter is thick and can coat the cauliflower.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter. Shake off excess batter. Lay florets in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Flip florets over half way through the baking to get all sides crispy.
After cauliflower has baked for 30 minutes, remove from oven and put baked florets into a mixing bowl with the Dr. Chen Secret Sauce Buffalo wing sauce and toss until evenly coated.
Return cauliflower to baking sheet and bake for an additional 20-25minutes.
Serve as-is or with vegan ranch, vegan blue cheese, or your favorite dipping sauce.