NuPlus Pineapple Compote© by Natural Earth Herbs
This Sunrider NuPlus Pineapple Compote recipe was inspired by my beloved grandmother.
This is my grandmother’s homemade recipe. She was an avid gardner and naturalista! Even though time was of the essence, she believed in making everything from scratch using plants, vegetables, fruits and herbs from the garden. So this recipe is all natural, super nutritious and super easy to make.
This Sunrider inspired NuPlus Pineapple Compote contains just 2 simple ingredients – fresh pineapple and fresh pineapple juice. That’s it! And It’s ready in 15 to 20 minutes! My grandmother cautioned me to always simmer compotes on low heat to preserve as many nutrients as possible.
Pineapple compote is perfect on pancakes, crepes, french toast, breakfast toast, waffles, ice-cream and more. So say goodbye to heavy, processed syrups, sugary jams and jellies with high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, additives and chemicals. And say hello to a healthier you!
So here’s our Natural Earth Herbs – Sunrider NuPlus Pineapple Compote recipe!
- 3 ½ cups whole fresh pineapple (Peel, core and cube)
- 3 ½ Tbsp fresh pineapple juice
- 1 packet NuPlus Piña Banana or NuPlus Original
Make it a Super food Compote
- Place fresh pineapple cubes and pineapple juice in a small saucepan
- Bring to medium heat.
- Once mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer. Stir
- occasionally to soften and blend the fruit, Use the back of a spoon or potato masher to
- mash the chunks while keeping some chunks in tact, as preferred, for texture.
- Let simmer over low heat for 15-17 minutes while continuing to stir and blend the pineapple chunks.
- Remove from heat and place in Mason jar or bowl and cover. Refrigerate to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Our rich, flavorful NuPlus Pineapple Compote pairs great with our Fluffy NuPlus Pina Banana Pancakes!