Sunrider Super Food Series: NuPlus Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes© Natural Earth Herbs
I love, love, love to eat really good food. Whether it’s five star dining or a neighbor’s garden party, I love to indulge in delicious food. However, I’m now on a mission to eliminate fibroids naturally. That means I am determined to live and eat as God intended. No more processed, fried, over-cooked, over-sauced, high fat, sugar dense cooking. These methods mask the natural beauty, texture and flavors of plants and herbs. They also rob our bodies of the vital nutrients God gave us to naturally nourish, heal and replenish our bodies.
So I’ve gone back to the traditions of my southern parents who lived on farms, ate very little meat and seasoned their foods with herbs, spices and extracts that they grew and knew. I do not use white flour. Instead I have found tons of healthier substitutes that my body loves. I turned to my own garden and realized that with Sunrider, I could have the best culinary experience right at my fingertips!
Here’s one of the first recipes I created about 2 years ago. I served it at a recent mid-week brunch for a few of my BFFs. (Yes, we decided to play hookie from work). I turned my backyard garden into a mini spa and we just chilled. I set up cool vaporizers all around and had Sunbreeze oil wafting through my home, garden and by the pool.
As for Brunch we dined on some of the most delightful sweet potato pancakes in the world! Yes, the sweet potatoes are from my garden. Sweet Potatoes are packed with Beta Carotene and vitamin A. They have tons of health benefits. And of course NuPlus is Sunrider’s super food!
So here’s the recipe for my Flourless NuPlus Sweet Potato Pancakes.
- 2 Packets of NuPlus Apple Cinnamon
- 1 Packet Quinary Powder
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups FLOUR SUBSTITUTES*
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Large eggs (or egg whites), beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Almond, Rice or Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 to 2 drops of Sunrider Sunny Dew
Prep 10 m
Cook 15 m
Ready In 45 m
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water. Allow potatoes to boil about 15 minutes. Pierce with fork – potatoes should be tender but firm. Transfer potatoes to cold water to loosen skins. Drain, remove skins and mash. Remove any strings and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spice, nutmeg.
- Add 2 packs NuPlus Apple Cinnamon
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk substitute and oil in a separate medium bowl. Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- Add 1-2 drops of Sunny Dew to taste.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoonfuls. Let cook until golden edges become brown and the surface begins to bubble. Turning once with a spatula.
We topped our pancakes with homemade pear preserves – my grandmother’s recipe. You can also top with fresh preserves berries, fresh apple-berry compote or molasses.
My White Flour substitutes for Perfect Pancakes:
Almond Flour (gluten free)
Buckwheat Flour (gluten and wheat-free)
Cornmeal (blue and yellow) gluten free
Quinoa Flour (gluten free) – contains twice the protein of rice or corn
This Washington Post: More Healthful Baking with White Flour Alternatives shares some amazing information healthy alternatives to White Flour.
Click here to learn more about why white flour and gluten are unhealthy – especially for women with fibroids.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes: Want to learn more? Check out the following –
Pinterest: Sweet Potato Nutrition Facts Pinterest